Here is a guide on cleaning and caring for your lounge suite. If you follow these easy tips and tricks your stunning new lounge suite will stay in top condition for years to come.
First, let’s take a look at the different cover finishings you get and how to treat them.
Commonly referred to as synthetic leatherette. Leather Look is popular as an upholstery material and offers a combination of unique benefits including durability, suppleness, and an attractive appearance. Upholstery of this type will last for many years if maintained properly.
A “Leather Upper” Lounge suite
Commonly referred to when Genuine Leather is placed on the touch areas of the lounge suite. The areas referred to are the headrest, back, and lumbar support and the horizontal surface of the seat area. The balance of the suite is covered in PU.
A “Full Leather” Lounge suite
As the name implies, is covered with genuine leather hides.
The general approach to cleaning the above-mentioned suites are exactly the same! The golden rule is “Never apply anything other than clean warm water with a soft, clean cloth on your new Lounge Suite”
DO NOT CLEAN WITH ANY OTHER CHEMICALS OR DISHWASHERS.
Here are some tips on how to keep your lounge suite looking great year after year.
- One of the basics of keeping all upholstery in shape is to deal with surface spills as soon as possible.
- In most situations, wiping up any liquids as soon as possible after the spill takes place, before it dries will require only a damp cloth.
- Vacuum or dust the upholstery as part of a regular cleaning routine, this simple action can make a big difference in how your suite holds up over time. Dust can collect in tiny folds on upholstered furniture. Vacuuming out the folds eliminates odours and also helps your upholstery to look new for a longer period of time.
- Do not use harsh detergents or chemicals on your lounge suite, they can dull the sheen of the material as well as cause premature fading. Some household cleaners and solvents remove plasticizers from PU, making them brittle. Abrasive cleaners scratch the smooth surface.
- Do not to expose your lounge suite to direct sunlight and never allow heaters to be in the range of your lounge suite
- Use warm water only. Immerse a clean sponge or cloth in the water and wring out the excess. Make sure to use a clean towel to dry the area after cleaning.
- An important tip to remember is cleaning and maintaining the arms of the lounge suite – this is the area that is subject to perspiration from the palm of the hands and also foodstuffs served to guests etc. It is vital to maintaining the arm areas regularly, just wipe down with clean warm water and towel dry, as simple as that!
We would like to say a special thank you to our good friends at Calgan for these great tips. We are sure our customers and going to love them!
At Martins Furniture we like to think of ourselves not simply as retailers of premium beds and furniture but rather as suppliers of items that dreams are made of.
We are standing by to make your dreams come true!
Did you know that we deliver online?
Call or WhatsApp (076) 511-4958 | firstname.lastname@example.org| Facebook Shop.